We have been growing over at Nicole Crowder Upholstery, and with that comes the hope of finding a fantastic and committed upholstery apprentice/assistant to help us strip the steady and rotating slate of furniture projects, as well as receive hands-on learning of foundational tools and techniques towards reupholstering furniture.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn upholstery, willing to get their hands dirty and able to take on physical work that requires upper and lower body strength as you will be lifting furniture and pulling and removing tough fabric and staples and nails. You do not need any previous skills or training in upholstery as this position is to provide you with the support to learn so that we are able to utilize your skills to further the exciting projects the studio is in the midst of.
- Primary responsibilities will be to assist with stripping furniture and learning the tools and techniques to reupholster it. Furniture will vary from chairs to benches to footstools to ottomans to couches, and all vary in shape, size, and weight.
- Occasionally (but rarely) tasked with driving to the fabric or hardware stores to retrieve sewing notions or fabric-related supplies.
- Available on an as-needed basis M-F between 10 and 4pm.
- Paid, contract work. Pay is per day, based on each 3-hour session worked on any given day(s) that are agreed upon.
- All tools and materials will be provided for you.
- Seeking someone who has the flexibility in their schedule to be available 1 to 2 days during the weekday for up to 3 hours per session between the hours of 10am-4pm. Our studio is closed on the weekends, so someone who can assist during the weekday is preferred.
- Apprentice would be able to work either from the Nicole Crowder Upholstery studio, or there is also flexibility to take projects home and work on them offsite once you have developed familiarity with upholstery techniques.
- Sewing is not a requirement for this position.
To apply, please email your name and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be conducting interviews via phone initially.
Please also provide a potential time frames that you would be able to assist, Monday through Fridays from 10 to 4pm. If you also have recommendations for people we should consider, please feel free to send as an email with your contact information.
Thank you and looking forward to hopefully working with you!